Welcome!

I am a fly-fishing fanatic but am even more fanatical about my wife and four kids. Life is always interesting, challenging and often really fun! I sneak away to fish whenever I can.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Ascension Day

Today is Ascension Day. This little fact would normally not be part of my thoughts, I can't recall every celebrating this day, but a devotional I read from Scripture Union talked about the very first Ascension Day in Acts chapter 1. I was particularly struck by what the devotional said about what this day means and what it means for Christians now. Here is the last two paragraphs of the it:


The ascension of Jesus signaled the beginning of his heavenly ministry. He is now exalted at the right hand of the Father, where he reigns as head over the cosmos and serves as the great High Priest, interceding on behalf of God's people (Heb. 7:24, 8:2, Eph. 1:21-23). 

By faith we share in Christ's ascension (Eph.2:4-6). We are citizens of heaven (Phil.3:20) while living out our lives here on earth. Such a realization assures us of our destiny, encourages us in our endeavors for Christ, and can keep us steady through all the ups and downs of life. (Encounter With God, May 13, 2010)
Ascension Day is a day of encouragement! I know that I am encouraged by meditating on the risen, ascended Christ.

1 comment:

Kathleen T. Jaeger said...

By the way...I loved your comment...the power of Fryin Pan and Hats...a much better title than mine!!!

Been too busy to blog, I see...